LIVEABOARD & DAY DIVING IN PHUKET THAILAND
SIMILAN SURIN RICHELIEU ROCK - SOUTH ANDAMAN LIPE TARUTAO
SCUBA DIVING AND KAYAKING WITH MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER 01
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR DIVERS AND STUDENTS
SEAFARER DIVERS PHUKET & MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER 01
Seafarer Divers Co LTD and MV Andaman Seafarer 01 are insured in Thailand with "Bangkok Insurance (Thailand) Company" as a professional dive center as well as an inbound and outbound dive tour-operator with a travel insurance policy covering up to a 1,000,000 Baht (+/-25.000 €uro) per accident.
- We strongly recommend our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover emergency medical expenses, personal liability, trip cancellation and delayed departure, baggage insurance, personal liability, capital death and disability following a prospective accident.
- We suggest to all divers to sign up for an extra dive travel insurance such as DAN https://www.daneurope.org/en/home
- Divers must show their dive certifications and logbooks and sign a waiver of claims before boarding a day dive boat or a liveaboard vessel.
- Buddy system is mandatory on all day dive trips and liveaboards and the divers should have a dive computer and a surface buoy per buddy team at least.
- Diving conditions in the Andaman Sea around Phuket or during a liveaboard dive cruise are not like diving inside a lagoon.... Strong currents (moon) and wind (December to February) may change the quality and the safety of the dives; therefore all certified divers must be confident in the water or get additional training before booking dive trips or liveaboards. November until the middle of December as well March and April are two periods with less wind than the period from the middle of December until the end of February.
- Divemaster/Instructor supervision is provided on our day dive trips and liveaboard with local dive guides but the service of a private Divemaster/Instructor guiding during each dive is only provided on request prior to the day dive trip or liveaboard and will be charged an extra fee per diver.
- Since few years, profit oriented business is pushing dive centers to manage large day dive boats and liveaboard vessels with 20-30 divers and crew of 8-12 people on board including Divemasters/Instructors. Promiscuity aboard, dangerous drop-offs of divers by groups of 12-15 divers at once from the stern platform, overcrowded dive sites with 20-30 divers and Divemasters/Instructors from the same boat at the same dive site by those "cattle-boats", destroy the pleasure of the conviviality, privacy and safety of the divers.
- Seafarer Divers Co Ltd provides tanks and weights belt only on day dive trips or liveaboard dive cruises.
- Divers must bring their personal dive equipment such as fins, mask, snorkel, BCD, regulator, dive computer, surface buoy, dive suit (2-3 mm) and torch for night dive. Dive equipment may be rented or bought from Seafarer Divers dive center at Chalong Bay Marina before boarding.
- Diver owning a regulator with Din system must bring a yoke adaptor to fit our K-valves. Din adaptor may be rented or bought at dive center of Seafarer Divers.
NOTE: Seafarer Divers does not rent dive torch or U/W camera.
MINIMUM DIVING LEVEL REQUIRED FOR DIVING WITH MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER 01
- For divers' comfort and safety, the drop-offs and pick-ups of buddy teams are made with our 4.9m dinghy equipped with a ladder and an outboard engine of 40 HP. Each dinghy rotation takes 4-5 divers at once. That way, fish are not scared and each diver will get more chance for better encounters.
- Divers must be comfortable in water and be certified at least CMAS 2* Diver or PADI Advanced, equivalence or higher levels with at least 30 logged dives.
- Divers may dive in buddy teams of 2-3 divers.
- Most of our divers booked on a liveaboard dive cruise with MV Andaman Seafarer 01 are experienced ones and are certified CMAS 2* or 3* Diver, PADI Advanced, PADI Rescue, Divemaster, Instructor or equivalence from other diving associations with hundreds of logged dives and most of them are keen underwater photographers.
- Divemaster/Instructor supervision is provided during our liveaboard dive cruises aboard MV Andaman Seafarer 01 but the service of a private Divemaster/Instructor guiding during each dive is only provided on request prior the liveaboard and will be charged an extra fee per diver.
- CMAS 1* Diver, PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent certified diver who can not dive as a buddy diver with their friends will have to book the service of a professional Divemaster/Instructor guiding them during all dives or plan a CMAS 2* Diver course and/or a PADI Advanced course with a CMAS/PADI Instructor during day dive trips and liveaboard dive cruises.
- The PADI Nitrox course can be taught during day dives.