TOURISTS JOURNEY INTO THAILAND WITH "THAILANDPASS" & "TEST & GO"
“TEST & GO” - 63 COUNTRIES THAT CAN ENTER WITHOUT QUARANTINE
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan
- Tourists and divers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days prior to departure from an oversea country. Vaccines must be approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand or WHO.
- Tourists and divers will have a COVID-19 test (ATK / RT-PCR method) upon arrival at international airport and will have to have a fully paid booking of stay at AQ or SHA+ hotels for 1 night to wait for RT-PCR test negative result before boarding a liveaboard boat.
REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR TRAVELLERS FROM THE 46 COUNTRIES TO THAILAND
TRAVELLERS WHO HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED WITH VACCINES APPROVED BY THE THAI AUTHORITIES
1/ Thai and non-Thai national having resided in an oversea country for at least 21 days.
2/- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days prior to departure from an oversea country. Vaccines must be approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand or WHO.
3/- Proof of a confirmed and fully prepaid booking such as:
a/- Prepaid booking for one night in a SHA Plus hotel (SHA+) or a SHA Extra Plus hotel (SHA++).
b/- Prepaid SHA+ Taxi Service between the airport and the hotel.
c/- Prepaid RT-PCR test on arrival.
4/- Medical certificate with a laboratory result (RT-PCR) indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing oversea countries.
5/- A valid health insurance for medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum cover of 50,000 USD (For non-Thai national only).
TRAVELLERS WHO ARE UNVACCINATED OR HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY VACCINATED
1/- Proof of a confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at AQ hotels for 10 days.
2/- Medical certificate with a laboratory result (RT-PCR) indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing an oversea country.
3/- A valid health insurance for medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum cover of 50,000 USD (For non-Thai national only).
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12
- Children under of age of 12 who have not been vaccinated and are travelling with their parents are required to be quarantine for the same period as their parents.
CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY TO THAILAND WITH EFFECT FROM 1st NOVEMBER 2021
- The COE system will be replaced by Thailand Pass.
- Travellers who wish to travel to Thailand must register their details at the Thailand Pass website (tp.consular.go.th) at least 7 days before their departure date.
- Travellers who have already obtained a COE are not required to undergo the new Thailand Pass process.
Phuket SANDBOX - “LIVING IN THE BLUE ZONE”: SANDBOX FOR THOSE NOT FROM THE 46 APPROVED COUNTRIES
Tourists and Divers will be able to plan day dive trips and CMAS or PADI dive training courses at Koh Racha Yai and Noi Islands during their 7 days in a Phuket SHA+ hotel.
Tourists and Divers will be able to plan extra day dive trips, CMAS or PADI dive training courses and liveaboard dive trips in the Andaman Sea after their 7 days in a Phuket SHA+ hotel.
17 so-called “blue zone” provinces will be part of the reopening to vaccinated foreign arrivals during their first 7 days in Thailand. In addition to the same testing requirements as Test & Go travellers, they will also be subject to a further test on day 6 or 7 after their entry. This test will be carried out using an antigen test kit, making it cheaper than PCR testing. The Bangkok Post reports that from December, the “blue zones” will expand to 33 provinces and then 45 from January. To qualify as a blue zone, a province must have vaccinated at least 70% of its population.
Bangkok, Krabi, Phang Nga, Phuket, Buri Ram – Muang district ONLY, Chon Buri – ONLY: Bang Lamung, Pattaya, Si Racha, Koh Si Chang, and tambon Na Jomtien tambon Bang Sare in Sattahip district, Chiang Mai – ONLY: Doi Tao, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, Muang, Loei – Chiang Khan district ONLY, Nong Khai – ONLY: Muang, Sangkhom, Sri Chiang Mai, and Tha Bo, Phetchaburi – Cha-am municipality ONLY
Prachuap Khiri Khan – ONLY: tambon Hua Hin and tambon Nong Kae, Ranong – Koh Phayam ONLY
Rayong – Koh Samet ONLY, Samut Prakan – Suvarnabhumi airport ONLY, Surat Thani – ONLY: Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao, Trat – Koh Chang ONLY, Udon Thani – ONLY: Muang, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yoong, Nong Han, and Prachak Silapakhom.
“HAPPY QUARANTINE”: ENTRY FOR UNVACCINATED OR OUTSIDE THE BLUE ZONE
For those who are not fully vaccinated, or who do not want to Sandbox in one of the 17 provinces, the Alternative Quarantine System allows people to still travel to Thailand after the November 1 reopening. The ASQ plan follows the same testing and insurance requirements as Blue Zone entry.
- 7-day quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers with an approved vaccine.
- 10-day quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers arriving by air only.
- 14-day quarantine for travellers arriving by land who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated.
OFFICIAL THAI WEBSITES