LIVEABOARD VESSEL MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER
01 Sundeck 09 Store room 02 Wheel house & crew cabin 10 (a) 2 cabins with 4 single bunks 03 Galley 10 (b) 2 cabins with 2 single bunks 04 W.C. and head showers 11 Engine store & workbench 05 Dining area 12 Engine room: 2 x 320 hp V8 06 Dive deck 13 Water (6000 l) & diesel tanks 07 Diving entrances & exits 14 Generators room: 20 kw & 40 kw 08 2 Air & Nitrox compressors 15 Steering system
Year built: January 1994.
Last overhaul: November & December 2018.
Next overhaul: September & October 2019.
Overall length: 22.5 meters.
Beam: 5.70 Meters.
Draft: 2 Meters.
Guest's berth (Mattress: 200 x 90 x 20): 12 bunks in 2 double cabins and 2 quadruple cabins.
Fuel oil: 4,000 liters.
Water capacity: 6,000 liters.
Main engines: 2 V8 EF550 Hino x 320 Hp.
Voltage (2 generators of 20Kw & 40Kw): 12 Volts, 24 Volts, 220 Volts, 380 Volts.
Tender boat: 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat - 40HP outboard engine - 1 fixed ladder.
Crew members: 5 persons.
Maximum number of passengers: 45 passengers.
Maximum number of divers - Day dive trips: 40 divers.
Maximum number of diver - Liveaboard dive cruise: 12 divers.
Maximum number of paddlers - Liveaboard canoe-kayak cruise: 12 kayakers.
TYPICAL FEATURES OF MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER
MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER is a comfortable live-aboard vessel in teak and steel and perfectly adapted for diving or touring. She may accommodate up to 12 passengers: 4 in three VIP A/C private cabins (two single berths) and 8 in two FIRST CLASS A/C cabins (four single berths). Each cabin has 2 or 4 single berths with standard mattresses (200x90).
- She was designed and supervised during the construction in Phuket by his owner who has more than 40 years of diving experience in Thailand as dive operator (since 1979) and SCUBA Instructor (since 1985).
- Charlie served as a dive guide on the Jacques Cousteau’s Calypso vessel during the shooting of the movie "The Sea convicts" in 1988 at Similan and Surin Islands as well for the shooting of a movie for the TAT at the Similan Islands with a 70mm U/W IMAX camera on November 2002.
- Crew of five consists of 1 cruise director/Instructor, 1 Captain, 1 Engineer, 1 Thai Chief (his food is a feature of the trip), deck-hand boys, Divemasters and/or Instructors and several professional kayakers to supervise all kayaking and snorkeling activities. They have years of chartering experience in this area and are eager to give you the liveaboard dive holiday of a lifetime.
- The length and beam make it one of the largest and comfortable dive vessels in Phuket and Thailand.
- 2 V8 engines of 320 hp each give confidence during the cruises.
- The vessel is equipped with radar, GPS navigation system, Video depth sounder, CB radio, VHF radio, 2 generators and a 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat with a 40 HP outboard and a ladder.
- Electric power (220 volts) with standard international plugs.
- 2 large showers and toilets; so,we do not limit the showers during the cruise.
- All ceilings inside the vessel are of 2.20 m.
- 2 "VIP Cabin" with 2 bunks and 2 “FIRST CLASS” cabins with 4 bunks with standard mattresses (200x90).
- Each cabin has its own air-conditioning with a remote control.
- All bunks have comfortable mattresses (200 x 90 x 10).
- The kitchen is equipped as a restaurant. We never serve the same meals more than once during the cruise.
- All guests take their meals on large tables on the roof and the food is served buffet style.
- The decks are wide and spacious to provide guests with a maximum diving convenience and tropical living.
- Solarium (5.5 x 15 m) has deckchairs and mattresses and it is the perfect place to have a drink at sunset and during the evening after dinner.
- Large dive area (5.70 x 12 m) with easy entries and exits with 2 ladders to be in/out of water within few minutes.
- Aluminum cylinders of 80 ft (10.95 liters), and on request 100 cf (13.69 liters), are available in the racks with baskets under the diver’s seats.
- Other equipments such as BCD, regulator, diving suit and dive computer may be hired from our dive centre before boat departures.
- The diving equipment includes 2 compressors for filling diving tanks with air as well adequate diving tanks and weights.
- The 2 Bauer compressors can fill the tanks with air while the guests are taking a nap in their cabins or in the deckchairs on the solarium.
- Our 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat with a ladder and a 40 HP outboard allows diving in the most remote places giving our customers an easy mean of accessing the dive site and of course of getting picked up after the dive in the most secure conditions.
- MV Andaman Seafarer has onboard 8 double sit-on-top self-draining sea kayaks to paddle mangroves and coastal islands in the Andaman Sea under the supervision of professional kayakers.
SEA KAYAK "TREK 2"
Capacity: 2 persons. Lenght: 4,50m. Width: 0,80m. Height: 0,35m. Weight: 40kg. Max. Weight of Kayaker: 110kg. Max load: 270kg. Self draining
Children: + Adolescents: +++ Adults: +++ Lake: ++ River: ++ Sea: ++++ Initiation: + Touring: +++ Surf: + Maneuverable: ++ Tracking: ++++ Stable: ++++ Sliding: ++++ Comfort: ++++ Level: For all kayakers
MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER LIVEABOARD TOUR CRUISE WITH SEA KAYAK PADDLING
- Seafarer Divers and MV Andaman Seafarer are insured in Thailand with "Bangkok Insurance (Thailand) Company" as a professional dive center as well as an inbound dive tour-operator with a travel insurance policy covering up to a 1,000,000 Baht (+/-25.000 €uro) per accident.
- We suggest to all participants to sign up for extra travel insurance in order to cover travel risks accident. Without a travel insurance, any accident without a third party responsible to cover the charge will be under the full responsibility of the involved participant (In Thailand: hospital fee may be up to 15,000 €uro).
- All participants must show sign a waiver of claims before boarding on our liveaboard vessel MV Andaman Seafarer.
- Chiefs of the Marine National Parks at Surin, Similan, Koh Lanta and Tarutao Islands are warning divers, paddlers, tour and dive tour operators that it is illegal to organize tours into the marine national parks during the monsoon season when the seas are rough and dangerous. The parks are closing from the 1st of May until 31st October every year http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/close_np.asp?lg=2
- Multisports liveaboard with our boat MV Andaman Seafarer is passable throughout the year in Phang-Nga, Krabi and Phi-Phi Islands.
- MV Andaman Seafarer is a friendly liveaboard vessel where each participant may be able to get his/her own privacy with a capacity per cruise of 6-12 participants and 5 crew members at most. Most of our guests enjoy coming back year after year and enjoy sending their friends for those key points to MV Andaman Seafarer.
- Most of the time participants like to bring aperitifs, spirits, whisky, and wine for the late afternoons or evening parties.
- MV Andaman Seafarer has 2 "VIP" cabins and 2 "First Class" cabins. Each 2 "First Class" cabins for 4 persons can be booked as "VIP" cabins for 2 persons per cabin only. Therefore, 6-12 persons will share the whole vessel MV Andaman Seafarer.
SEAFARER DIVERS CO LTD - 1/10-11 Moo 5, Soi Ao Chalong Pier, Tambon Rawai, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83130 THAILAND
PADI DIVE CENTER #2281 & CMAS / ATUS 5 Star ITC Master Dive Academy Center # SW.005