MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER - THE DAY DIVE BOAT FOR 5-DAY DIVING PACKAGE IN PRIVATE CHARTER FOR ASSOCIATION AND DIVE CLUBS WITH DAILY DEPARTURES FROM CHALONG BAY MARINA IN PHUKET
DAY DIVE BOAT - MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER
01 Sundeck 09 Store room 02 Wheel house & crew cabin 10(a) 2 cabins with 4 single bunks 03 Galley 10(b) 3 cabins with 2 single bunks 04 W.C. and head showers 11 Engine store & workbench 05 Dining area 12 Engine room: 2 x 320 hp V8 06 Dive deck 13 Water (6500 l) & diesel tanks 07 Diving entrances & exits 14 Generators room: 20 kw & 40 kw 08 2 Air & Nitrox compressors 15 Steering system
Year built: January 1994.
Nst overall: September & October 2016.
Next overall: September & October 2017.
Overall length: 22.5 meters.
Beam: 5.70 Meters.
Draft: 2 Meters.
Guest's berth (Mattress: 200 x 90 x 20): 14 bunks in 3 double cabins and 2 quadruple cabins.
Fuel oil: 4,500 liters.
Water capacity: 6,500 liters.
Main engines: 2 V8 EF550 Hino x 320 Hp.
Voltage (2 generators of 20Kw & 40Kw): 12 Volts, 24 Volts, 220 Volts, 380 Volts.
Tender boat: 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat - 40HP outboard engine - 1 fixed ladder.
Crew members: 6 persons.
Maximum number of passengers: 40 passengers.
Maximum number of divers - Day dive trips: 30 divers.
Maximum number of diver - Liveaboard dive cruise: 14 divers.
Maximum number of paddlers - Liveaboard canoe-kayak cruise: 14 paddlers.
TYPICAL FEATURES OF MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER
- MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER is a comfortable live-aboard vessel in teak and steel and perfectly adapted for diving or touring.
- She may accommodate up to 14 passengers: 6 in three VIP A/C private cabins (two single berths) and 8 in two FIRST CLASS A/C cabins (four single berths).
- She was designed and supervised during the construction in Phuket by his owner who has more than 35 years of diving experience in Thailand as dive operator (since 1979) and SCUBA Instructor (since 1985).
- Charlie who runs the dive center since 1980 is certified diving instructor since 1985 (NAUI), CMAS 3 Star Instructor (2007) and CMAS/ ATUS 4 Star Course Director (2008).
- Charlie served as a dive guide on the Jacques Cousteau’s Calypso vessel during the shooting of the movie "The Sea convicts" in 1988 at Similan and Surin Islands as well for the shooting of a movie for the TAT at the Similan Islands with a 70mm U/W IMAX camera on November 2002.
- Crew of six consists of 1 cruise director/Instructor (Charlie), 1 Captain, 1 Engineer, 1 deck hand, 1 Thai Cook (his food is a feature of the cruise) and Divemaster/Instructors and/or several professional kayakers to supervise all kayaking and snorkeling activities and they have years of chartering experience in this area and are eager to give you the holidays of a lifetime.
- The length and beam make it one of the largest and comfortable dive vessels in Phuket and Thailand.
- 2 V8 engines of 320 hp each give confidence during the cruises.
- The vessel is equipped with radar, GPS navigation system, Video depth sounder, CB radio, VHF radio, 2 generators and a 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat with a 40 HP outboard and a ladder.
- Electric power (220 volts).
- 2 large showers and toilets. We do not limit the showers during the cruise.
- All ceilings inside the vessel are of 2.20 m.
- 3 "VIP Cabin" with 2 bunks and 2 “FIRST CLASS” cabins with 4 bunks; each bunk has comfortable mattresses (200 x 90).
- Each cabin has its own air-conditioning with a remote control.
- The kitchen is equipped as a restaurant. We never serve the same meals more than once during the cruise.
- All guests take their meals on large tables on the roof and the food is served buffet style.
- The decks are wide and spacious to provide guests with a maximum diving convenience and tropical living.
- Solarium (5.5 x 8 m) has deckchairs and mattresses. It is the perfect place to have a drink at sunset and during the evening after dinner.
- Large dive area (5.70 x 12 m) with easy entries and exits with 3 ladders. 14 divers can be in/out of water within a few minutes.
- Aluminum tanks of 80 (10.95 liters) and on request tanks of 100cf (13.69 liters) are available in the racks with individual baskets under the diver’s seats.
- Divers have at their disposal all needed weights and the aluminum 80cf tanks (10.95) and on request the 100cf tanks (13.69 liters) which are fixed on the divers' benches with personal baskets for material under the benches.
- The personal diving equipments such as BCD, regulators, diving suits, dive computers, fins, masks and snorkels may be rented at our dive center before boarding.
- The 2 Bauer compressors can fill the tanks with air or Nitrox 32 while the guests are taking a nap in their cabins or in the deckchairs on the solarium.
- Nitrox divers have at their disposal Nitrox 32 tanks.
- 5.50m rigid hull inflatable tender boat with a ladder and a 40 HP outboard allows diving in the most remote places giving our customers an easy mean of accessing the dive site and of course of getting picked up after the dive in the most secure conditions.
- For leisure cruises and exploration of mangroves and islands of the Andaman Sea, MV Andaman Seafarer embeds 8 double kayaks "Sit-on-top DAG" self-bailing and unsinkable, whose activity is under the supervision of professional kayakers.
GENERAL INFORMATIONS FOR CERTIFIED DIVERS AND STUDENTS
- Seafarer Divers and MV Andaman Seafarer are insured in Thailand with "Chartis Insurance (Thailand) Company" as a professional dive center as well as an inbound dive tour-operator with a travel insurance policy covering up to a 1,000,000 Baht (+/-25.000 €uros) per accident.
We strongly recommend our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover emergency medical expenses, personal liability, trip cancellation and delayed departure, baggage insurance, personal liability, capital death and disability following a prospective accident.
- We suggest to all divers to sign up for extra dive travel insurance such as http://www.danseap.com in order to cover travel risks and dive accident. Note: Without dive travel insurance, any dive accident without a third party responsible to cover the charge will be under the full responsibility of the diver (In Thailand: recompression chamber fee may be up to 15,000 Euro).
- Divers must show their dive certification and logbook and sign a waiver of claims before boarding a day dive boat or a liveaboard vessel.
- Nitrox 32 is available for certified Nitrox divers.
- Buddy system is mandatory on all day dive trips and liveaboards and the divers should have a dive computer and a surface buoy per buddy team at least.
- Diving conditions in the Andaman Sea around Phuket or during a liveaboard dive cruise are not like diving inside a lagoon.... Strong currents (moon) and wind (December to February) may change the quality and the safety of the dives; therefore all certified divers must be confident in the water or get additional training before booking dive trips or liveaboards. November until the middle of December as well March and April are two periods with less wind than the period from the middle of December until the end of February.
- Divemaster/Instructor supervision is provided on our day dive trips and liveaboard with local dive guides but the service of a private Divemaster/Instructor guiding during each dive is only provided on request prior to the day dive trip or liveaboard and will be charged an extra fee per diver.
- Since few years, profit oriented business is pushing dive centers to manage large day dive boats and liveaboard vessels with 20-30 divers and crew of 8-12 people on board including Divemasters/Instructors. Promiscuity aboard, dangerous drop-offs of divers by groups of 12-15 divers at once from the stern platform, overcrowded dive sites with 20-30 divers and Divemasters/Instructors from the same boat at the same dive site by those "cattle-boats", destroy the pleasure of the conviviality, privacy and safety of the divers.
- Seafarer Divers Co Ltd provides tanks and weights belt only on day dive trips or liveaboard dive cruises.
- Divers must bring their personal dive equipment such as fins, mask, snorkel, BCD, regulator, dive computer, surface buoy, dive suit (2-3 mm) and torch for night dive. Dive equipment may be rented or bought from Seafarer Divers dive center at Chalong Bay Marina before boarding.
- Diver owning a regulator with Din system must bring a yoke adaptor to fit our K-valves. Din adaptor may be rented or bought at dive center of Seafarer Divers.
- Attention: Seafarer Divers does not rent dive torch or U/W camera.
DAY DIVE TRIPS WITH MV ANDAMAN SEAFARER
- MV Andaman Seafarer is a friendly day dive boat where each diver may be able to get his/her own privacy. Most of our guests enjoy coming back year after year and enjoy sending their friends for those key points to MV Andaman Seafarer.
- Most of the time divers like to bring aperitifs, spirits, whisky, and wine for the late afternoons while cruising back to port.
Minimum diving level required for a liveaboard with MV Andaman Seafarer:
- For divers' comfort and safety, the drop-offs and pick-ups of buddy teams are made with our 4.7m Avon Rib dinghy equipped with a ladder and an outboard engine of 40 HP. Each dinghy rotation takes 4-5 divers at once. That way, fish are not scared and each diver will get more chance for better encounters.
- Divers must be comfortable in water and be certified at least CMAS 2* Diver or PADI Advanced, equivalence or higher levels with at least 30 logged dives.
- Divers will dive in buddy teams of 2-3 divers.
- Most of our divers booked on a day dive trip with MV Andaman Seafarer are experienced ones and are certified CMAS 2* or 3* Diver, PADI Advanced, PADI Rescue, Divemaster, Instructor or equivalence from other diving associations with hundreds of logged dives and most of them are keen underwater photographers.
- Divemaster/Instructor supervision is provided during our day dive trips with MV Andaman Seafarer but the service of a private Divemaster/Instructor guiding during each dive is only provided on request prior the liveaboard and will be charged an extra fee per diver.
- CMAS 1* Diver, PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent certified diver who cannot dive as a buddy diver with their friends will have to book the service of a professional Divemaster/Instructor guiding them during all dives or plan a ATUS/CMAS 2* Diver course and/or a PADI Advanced course with a ATUS/CMAS/PADI Instructor during day dive trips and liveaboard dive cruises.
- PADI Nitrox course may be taught during day dive trips and liveaboard dive cruises.
SEAFARER DIVERS CO LTD - 1/10-11 Moo 5, Soi Ao Chalong Pier, Tambon Rawai, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83130 THAILAND
PADI DIVE CENTER #2281 & CMAS / ATUS 5 Star ITC Master Dive Academy Center # SW.005